The Ballestero Blog

"That's what I'm talking about!"

Baptism In Jesus Name Is Necessary For Salvation

with 9 comments

Baptism In Jesus Name Is Necessary For Salvation

(It’s How The Apostles Baptized)

Jesus Gave The Command.

Luke 24:45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

Luke 24:46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to

rise from the dead the third day:

Luke 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Luke 24:48 And ye are witnesses of these things.

Peter Fulfilled The Command. He Quoted Verbatim What Jesus Said For Them To Preach.

1. Jerusalem

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Objection: When I got baptized, they said, “In the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost” Isn’t that how the Bible says to be baptized?

Matt. 28:19 … baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

• The name of Jesus must be said to take way your sins. Father, Son and Holy Ghost are not names, they’re titles!
  • Without exception, every person baptized in the early Church was  baptized using the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Acts 4:12   Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven

given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Let’s See How They Baptized In The New Testament Church

2. Samaria

Acts 8:12   But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God,

and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

Acts 8:16  (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of

the Lord Jesus.)

3. Saul of Tarsus

Acts 9:18 And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight

forthwith, and arose, and was baptized.

Acts 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the

name of the Lord.

4. Household of Cornelius

Acts 10:48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

5. Rome

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his

death?

Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up

from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Rom 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the

likeness of his resurrection:

6. Corinth

1 Cor 1:12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas;

and I of Christ.

1 Cor 1:13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

7. Galatians

Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

8. Ephesus

Acts 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

9. Colosse

Col 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the

operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

• No place in the Bible was anyone ever baptized using the titles Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  • To have your sins washed away, you must be baptized in Jesus Name

Phil 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every

name:

Phil 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth,

and things under the earth;

Phil 2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the

Father.

Question: Do I Need To Be Baptized In Jesus Name To Be Saved?

Answer: Yes!!

Written by Martyn Ballestero

April 13, 2011 at 12:45 am

9 Responses

1. Love it! Thanks for this post

Nathan Cox

April 13, 2011 at 12:51 am

2. Amen.

Steve Epley

April 13, 2011 at 9:52 am

3. This “old” message is still a thrill to me! It is so very true and has stood all tests of time!

John Scheel

April 13, 2011 at 9:59 am

4. Amen!!! I just love this truth. Thank you Elder. I just hope my generation and the one coming behind me can get a love and understanding as yourself and many others have recieved in their times. As a young minister trying to do something for God I always get excited talking about Salvation and One God topics. Thanks for making my day. I love your blog.

Joey

April 13, 2011 at 6:34 pm

5. Amen Amen Amen…:)

Christian R.

April 14, 2011 at 2:07 am

6. Yea, verily!

Johnny King

April 17, 2011 at 10:48 am

7. Simply and profoundly….THE TRUTH!

Well Done Elder. I appreciate your wisdom and writing skills. You are helping many with your blog. I can attest to it from my own congregation. You are mentioned more than once…

james self

April 19, 2011 at 12:28 am

8. what do you believe in trinity or oneness

Juan Perez

February 11, 2013 at 2:15 pm

• Thank you for taking the time to read on my blog. I appreciate your interest.

I do not believe in the trinity, as it is non-scriptural. Every New Testament believer was baptized by immersion, with the name of Jesus being called over them according to the commandments of Jesus and Peter.

The Apostles never spoke the titles, Father, Son, and Holy Ghost in baptism, but you will find the name of Jesus, Lord Jesus, etc. used.
      In 325 A.D. at the Council of Nicea, the Trinitarian form of Baptism was voted on and approved by the Roman Catholic Church.

The Commandment of Jesus:

Lk 24:46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
      Lk 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
      Lk 24:48 And ye are witnesses of these things.
      Lk 24:49 And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

Peter Quoting The Words Of Jesus

Acts 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Baptism in Jesus Name is a commandment.
      Understanding the Godhead is a revelation.

I apologize if I did not make myself clear on this post.

I also have posts on the subject of the Godhead and Baptism in Jesus Name.

To have our sins washed away, the name of Jesus MUST be said at baptism.
      Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

A Couple Additional Blogs On The Godhead

One God Songs I Love.

Thank you for your interest.

Martyn Ballestero