The Deadliest Plague Of All
Some Of The World’s Worst Plagues
- The Back Plague – 375 Mil.
- Influenza – largest killer in USA – 50 Mil.
- Plague of Justinian – 25 Mil.
- Plague of Athens – killed 1/3 of population
- 3rd Pandemic of Bubonic- 60,000 a week
- Cholera – 120,000 per day. 3.5Mil cases yr.
- SARS – Global Threat #7
- Malaria – 660,000 per day
- Smallpox – 500 Mil.
The Worst Plague In The Church!
- Not Adultery
- Not Worldliness
- Not Rebellion
The Worst Plague In The Church Is Gossip!
- Gossip Def: Speaking negative about a person not present.
- (Speaking negative with them present not good either.)
God’s Law About Hurting Others
Exodus 21:22 If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman’s husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine.
MSG. Exodus 21:22 “When there’s a fight and in the fight a pregnant woman is hit so that she miscarries but is not otherwise hurt, the one responsible has to pay whatever the husband demands in compensation.
- If the Church is God’s Bride, and Spiritual babies are about to be born…
- Imagine the Father’s reaction when church folks get into a big fight and that fight stops Revival.
- Everyone can expect the Father to exact damages.
- He will exact damages. If not now, He will in the Judgment.
Know When To Keep Your Mouth Shut!
Proverbs 21:23 Whoso keepeth his mouth and his tongue keepeth his soul from troubles.
In the Heat of Anger – It’s A Good Time To Keep Your Mouth Shut!
Psalm 116:11 I said in my haste, All men are liars.
When You Don’t Have All The Facts – It’s A Good Time To Keep Your Mouth Shut!
Proverbs 18:13 He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him.
If Your Words Make Your Family, Friends or Church Look Bad – It’s A Good Time To Keep Your Mouth Shut!
James 3:6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.
If You Think You Might Regret Your Words Later – It’s A Good Time To Keep Your Mouth Shut!
Proverbs 6:2 Thou art snared with the words of thy mouth, thou art taken with the words of thy mouth.
Proverbs 14:1 Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands.
When You Are Tempted To Tell Something That May Not Be 100% True – It’s A Good Time To Keep Your Mouth Shut!
Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Proverbs 6:16 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
Proverbs 6:17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
Proverbs 6:18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
Proverbs 6:19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.
- A talebearer has no place in God’s Favor!
- It violates God’s Law and Commandment – “Do unto Others”
- Love thinks no evil.
- Speech that tears people down, travels like wildfire. Good news goes at a snail’s pace.
- Sowing discord is hellish.
- It’s from the pit.
- It’s from Satan himself.
- Is it your intention to destroy?
- They that live by the sword, shall die by the sword.
If Your Words Are Meant To Get Even Or To Give Someone A “Piece Of Your Mind” – It’s A Good Time To Keep Your Mouth Shut!
Proverbs 15:1 A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.
If You Know That What You’re Saying Can Hinder Revival In Your Church – It’s A Good Time To Keep Your Mouth Shut!
Galatians 5:15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.
When The Subject Is None Of Your Business – It’s A Good Time To Keep Your Mouth Shut!
1 Peter 4:15 But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men’s matters.
2 Thessalonians 3:11 For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies.
If Your Words Will Damage Another’s Reputation Or Character – It’s A Good Time To Keep Your Mouth Shut!
Proverbs 16:27 An ungodly man diggeth up evil: and in his lips there is as a burning fire.
Proverbs 18:8 The words of a talebearer are as wounds, and they go down into the innermost parts of the belly.
If Your Words Will Damage A Friendship – It’s A Good Time To Keep Your Mouth Shut!
Proverbs 17:9 He that covereth a transgression seeketh love; but he that repeateth a matter separateth very friends.
If you want to gossip and be a talebearer, I can’t help you.
(You don’t even know what spirit ye are of.)
- God may not even try to help you if you don’t want to change.
- He may not even try to save you if you don’t want to change.
- Why would He want that kind of spirit in heaven?
If You Want God To Be Good To You, You Must Be Good To His Children!
- Gossip is a bigger terror and threat to God’s Church than ISIS.
- Gossip is like a hit and run driver.
- Gossip is not much different from a drive-by-shooting.
All We Have Is Our Name.
All We Have Is Our Character and Reputation.
- Gossiper? Did it ever dawn on you that you are a tool of Satan?
- That your every hurtful word is an abomination to God?
How to Stop Gossip?
- Change the subject.
- Say something positive
- Confront the gossip politely. Yet frankly. (“That sounds like gossip to me!”)
- Point out missing info in the story.
- Walk away.
- Turn the gossip into a prayer for the victim.
We All Must Give An Account For Our Every Idle Word.
Matthew 12:36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
In One Church That I Know:
If You Commit Moral Sin…
- The Pastor tries to be patient and merciful.
But If You Gossip And Don’t Stop After First Or Second Admonition,
- You are no longer welcome.
Gossip Against A Minister.
1 Timothy 5:19 Against an elder receive not an accusation, but before two or three witnesses.
- Against A Minister, receive not an accusation – (Don’t listen to the accusation)
- There must be at least two actual witnesses before it can be told. That shows respect.
- Why not show your brother in Christ the same respect? Why not two witnesses for him too?
- Unity is destroyed.
- Revival will stop.
- Friendships are broken.
- Holy Ghost is grieved.
David Protected His Brother’s Inheritance!
1 Samuel 16:11-13
The first mention of David finds him tending sheep. He was the youngest of many brothers. The eldest son received two-thirds of the father’s possessions for his inheritance and the rest divided up the remaining third among themselves.
David was guarding sheep that would never be his. They would wind up being his brother’s sheep. He was in charge of his brother’s inheritance. He was told by the father to guard his brother’s inheritance.
In like manner, we too are guardians of our brother’s inheritance. All your brother has is his good name, (his inheritance) and you are the guardian of that. You may even have to defend it against a lion or a bear.
Remember that you too have a brother whose job it is to defend your good name. You sure want him to do a good job. Why don’t you protect your brother’s inheritance like David did?
Like Yours, Your Brother’s Good Name Is Worth Defending Too!
The Spirit Of The Church Is Worth Saving!
The Deadliest Plague Of All Can Only Be Stopped By You!
God’s Rule Book Concerning Respect And Disrespect
If You Are Ashamed Of Me… I’ll Be Ashamed Of You
Mark 8:38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.
I Will Bless Them That Bless, And Curse Them That Curse.
Genesis 12:3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee:
When The Fear Of God Is Lost, Disrespect Will Always Show Itself.
God’s Reaction To Their Loss Of Fear?
2 Kings 17:25 And so it was at the beginning of their dwelling there, that they feared not the LORD: therefore the LORD sent lions among them, which slew some of them.
Forsaking The Truth Is Disrespecting God
Deuteronomy 32:17 They sacrificed unto devils, not to God; to gods whom they knew not, to new gods that came newly up, whom your fathers feared not.
God’s Reaction To Their Disrespect?
Deuteronomy 32:19 And when the LORD saw it, he abhorred them, because of the provoking of his sons, and of his daughters.
Deuteronomy 32:20 And he said, I will hide my face from them, I will see what their end shall be: for they are a very froward generation, children in whom is no faith.
What Happens When God Disrespect You?
Genesis 4:5 But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.
- God had no respect for Cain.
- Cain was cursed and banished.
This Is An Age Of Disrespect!
Disrespect has always existed but is especially evident everywhere in this generation! It has become readily accepted in the free world, and America in particular. As an old man who has lived through several generations, I am amazed at the exhibits of disrespect today.
Warning: Do Not Disrespect God!
God’s Reaction To Disrespect?
Romans 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
Romans 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
Romans 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
Romans 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
Romans 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
- When God is disrespected, he responds in such a way that man cannot recover.
The Lord Observes Every Slight And Every Exhibit Of Disrespect.
Luke 7:44 And he turned to the woman, and said unto Simon, Seest thou this woman? I entered into thine house, thou gavest me no water for my feet: but she hath washed my feet with tears, and wiped them with the hairs of her head.
Luke 7:45 Thou gavest me no kiss: but this woman since the time I came in hath not ceased to kiss my feet.
Luke 7:46 My head with oil thou didst not anoint: but this woman hath anointed my feet with ointment.
Refusing God’s Call Is Showing Disrespect.
Luke 13:34 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not!
Warning: Do Not Disrespect God’s House!
Moses – Was Required To Take Off His Shoes!
Exodus 3:5 And he said, Draw not nigh hither: put off thy shoes from off thy feet, for the place whereon thou standest is holy ground.
Hophni And Phinehas Disrespected God’s House.
1 Samuel 2:12 Now the sons of Eli were sons of Belial; they knew not the LORD.
1 Samuel 2:22 Now Eli was very old, and heard all that his sons did unto all Israel; and how they lay with the women that assembled at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.
1 Samuel 2:23 And he said unto them, Why do ye such things? for I hear of your evil dealings by all this people.
1 Samuel 2:24 Nay, my sons; for it is no good report that I hear: ye make the LORD’S people to transgress.
- They laid with the women in the Tabernacle.
- They desecrated the sacrifices.
- They shamed the office of the priesthood.
- They knew not the Lord.
- They caused the people to sin
- They removed the Ark from the Holy Place and took it to battle, where it was captured.
- God had them killed.
God’s Reaction To Their Disrespect?
1 Samuel 2:34 And this shall be a sign unto thee, that shall come upon thy two sons, on Hophni and Phinehas; in one day they shall die both of them.
1 Samuel 4:11 And the ark of God was taken; and the two sons of Eli, Hophni and Phinehas, were slain.
Jesus Openly Confronted Disrespect In The Temple!
Mark 11:15 And they come to Jerusalem: and Jesus went into the temple, and began to cast out them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves;
Mark 11:16 And would not suffer that any man should carry any vessel through the temple.
Mark 11:17 And he taught, saying unto them, Is it not written, My house shall be called of all nations the house of prayer? but ye have made it a den of thieves.
Uzzah Wasn’t Disrespectful In His Own Eyes, But In God’s Eyes, He Was.
2 Samuel 6:6 And when they came to Nachon’s threshingfloor, Uzzah put forth his hand to the ark of God, and took hold of it; for the oxen shook it.
God’s Reaction To His Disrespect?
2 Samuel 6:7 And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Uzzah; and God smote him there for his error; and there he died by the ark of God.
Warning: Do Not Disrespect God’s Man!
The Children Of Bethel Disrespected Elisha The Prophet
2 Kings 2:23 And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
God’s Reaction To Their Disrespect?
2 Kings 2:24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
Trying To Pastor Your Self Is Disrespectful.
Jude 1:12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear:
Warning: Do Not Disrespect God’s Word – Disobedience Is Disrespect.
God’s Reaction To Disrespect of His Word?
Numbers 15:30 But the soul that doeth ought presumptuously, whether he be born in the land, or a stranger, the same reproacheth the LORD; and that soul shall be cut off from among his people.
Numbers 15:31 Because he hath despised the word of the LORD, and hath broken his commandment, that soul shall utterly be cut off; his iniquity shall be upon him.
Hebrews 10:28 He that despised Moses’ law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
Deuteronomy 4:2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.
Adding To Or Taking Away From God’s Word Is Disrespect.
Revelation 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
Revelation 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
- There Is disrespect for morality.
- Holiness is mocked.
- Modesty is scorned.
- Blatant disdain of Scripture is everywhere.
Warning: Do Not Disrespect God’s Mercy
Hebrews 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
God’s Reaction To The Disrespect Of His Mercy?
Genesis 6:3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man…
Warning: Do Not Disrespect God’s Spirit
Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
Warning: Do Not Disrespect Your Parents.
God’s Reaction To Disrespecting Your Parents?
Matthew 15:4 For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.
Ephesians 6:2 Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise;)
Warning: Don’t Disrespect Your Wife.
God’s Reaction To Your Disrespect?
1 Peter 3:7 Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.
- Adultery is disrespect
- Emotional unfaithfulness is disrespect
- Connecting with, texting, emailing and calling other women is being unfaithful to your wife.
- Treat her with much tenderness.
- Tell her that you love her.
- Never call her an unkind name.
- Never run her down to others.
- Never criticize her publicly or in front of others.
- Never let your children hear you say anything but sweet things about their mother.
- She went to death’s door to give you a family, and then you disrespect her? (You don’t deserve a wife!)
Warning: Do Not Disrespect Your Brother.
1 John 4:20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?
Romans 12:10 Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;
Warning: Do Not Disrespect Your Neighbor.
Matthews 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Deuteronomy 19:14 Thou shalt not remove thy neighbour’s landmark, which they of old time have set in thine inheritance, which thou shalt inherit in the land that the LORD thy God giveth thee to possess it.
1 Peter 2:17 Honour all men. Love the brotherhood.
Warning: Don’t Disrespect Your Boss
1 Timothy 6:1 Let as many servants as are under the yoke count their own masters worthy of all honour, that the name of God and his doctrine be not blasphemed.
- Do not Disrespect Your Boss.
Warning: Don’t Disrespect Yourself
1 Thessalonians 4:4 That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour;
- Don’t cheapen yourself with drugs, alcohol or tattoos.
- Don’t cheapen yourself by being immoral.
Leviticus 19:28 Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.
1 Corinthians 11:14 Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?
Deuteronomy 22:5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman’s garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.
1 Corinthians 11:5 But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.
1 Corinthians 11:6 For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.
1 Corinthians 11:15 But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.
The Disrespect Of Leadership
God’s Reaction To Disrespecting Your Spiritual Leader?
2 Peter 2:10 But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.
2 Peter 2:11 Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord.
2 Peter 2:12 But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;
- This generation is not afraid to speak harsh things about their Pastors!
- The Bible prophesied this would happen concerning all leaders.
- Some Kings and Dictators have recently imprisoned all those who make negative public comments on social media.
- Even in America, the world saw the highest levels of disrespect exhibited by both major parties and on almost every level of government during and since the recent election.
- Blocking The Presidential Cavalcade.
- Throwing rocks at the President’s vehicle.
- Thousands have even invited the assassination of the President on social media.
- They are simply referred to as ‘protestors’ by the politically correct crowd.
- They respect no opinion but their own.
- The media openly leads the way to disrespect.
- College professors advocate that we question everything and everyone.
- Sadly, this culture seems not to be shocked by disrespect.
God’s Reaction To Disrespecting Leadership?
1 Peter 2:17 Honour the king.
1 Timothy 2:1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
1 Timothy 2:2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
1 Timothy 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
Nations Disrespecting Other Nations
Luke 21:10 Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom:
- Name calling
The Disrespecting Of America At Home And Abroad.
The Older Generation Remembers The Hippies Disrespecting The Flag
- Burning the American flag.
- Stomping on it.
- Cutting it up and wearing it for clothing.
- While unappreciated soldiers died for their freedom in Viet Nam.
- We used to see bumper stickers that said, “America, Love it or Leave it”
Today some highly visible sports figures deem it necessary to disrespect America in general and the National Anthem in particular.
America’s Greatest Enemy Seems To Be Within Our Borders.
Warning: Do Not Disrespect Your Enemy
Psalms 116:11 I said in my haste, All men are liars.
John 4:9 Then saith the woman of Samaria unto him, How is it that thou, being a Jew, askest drink of me, which am a woman of Samaria? for the Jews have no dealings with the Samaritans.
Titus 1:12 One of themselves, even a prophet of their own, said, The Cretians are alway liars, evil beasts, slow bellies.
Moses was highly schooled by the greatest minds of Egyptians. They feared not Jehovah nor His ways. Yet his teachers never succeeded in making him despise his Godly heritage.
Hebrews 11:26 Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward.
Disrespect is included in the signs of the last days. It is resident in the spirit of the last generation. Please pray that the coming of the Lord will find us all walking humbling before Him. May the words of our mouth and the mediation of our heart be acceptable in His sight.
- Disrespectful people are never blessed by God.
- Disrespectful people are not forgiven.
- Disrespectful people’s prayers are not heard.
- Disrespectful people are haughty and arrogant.
- Disrespectful people don’t feel they need God’s help.
Are You Disrespectful?
2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
When It Is Finished!
James 1:15 …and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
- When The Holy Ghost Is Finished With You, You Live!
- When Sin Is Finished With You, You Die!
If There’s Not A Day When You’re Through With Sin…
There Will Be A Day When Sin Is Through With You!
When An Artist is Finished,
- Signs his name on the canvas.
- Puts his thumbprint on the canvas.
When A Student Is Finished With School
- They give him a diploma.
When A Cook Is Finished,
- She turns off the stove.
When An Author Is Finished,
- She writes, “the end.”
When A Prison Sentence Is Finished,
- The prisoner is released.
When A Letter Is Finished,
- The writer signs her name.
When A Diner Is Finished,
- He wipes his mouth with a napkin.
When A Mechanic Is Finished,
- He wipes his hands.
When A Sin Is Finished,
- You’re done for!
When Sin Is Finished With You…
- A Physical Death
- An Emotional Death
- A Spiritual Death
- An Eternal Death
Some Never Learn, They Keep Going Back To Sin
2 Pet 2:22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.
In The Bible, Leprosy Is A Type of Sin.
- Because it eats away destroying it’s victim one day at a time.
When Leprosy Is Finished With You, You Die!
- But, Jesus can heal a leper!
Sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
- Sin may be about finished with you now.
- Sin finished with some while they were still in their teens, 20’s and 30’s.
But, Just Because Sin Is About Finished With You
- Doesn’t mean God is finished with you!
Sin Demands That You:
- Doubt God, but trust your sinner friends.
- Disobey God
- Not fear God
- Not love God with all your heart.
- Accept what God rejects.
- Make light of God’s Word.
- Ignore God’s Call.
- You reject God.
- That you miss church.
- That your job that keeps you out of church.
- That you justify worldly friends.
- That you feel like God doesn’t love you.
- That you feel like the Church doesn’t love you.
- That you feel the Pastor doesn’t love you.
- That you believe sinful living is really freedom.
- That you die.
- When Sin is finished with you, you die.
But God Is Not Finished With You,
- That’s Why You’re Still Here!
Sin Demands Your Innocence.
- The early loss of your virginity to be accepted by the world, the in-crowd.
- Sin wishes to devalue you in your own eyes and the eyes of others.
- Sin demands that you live in shame
Sinful Styles Demands:
- That Holiness and modesty be ignored.
- That you wear things that God calls an abomination. (It’s in style)
- That all clothes be designed without the church in mind.
Sin May Try To Finish You Off With Lust.
- Lustful Gratification becomes important, regardless of the cost.
- You risk your health.
- You risk your reputation.
- You risk your soul.
- You disregard risk of embarrassment or injury to your friends, church, family
- Become immoral.
- Experience shame.
- Live with fear of STD, HIV, Aids.
- When Sin is finished with you, you die.
Sin May Try To Finish You Off With Perversion
- You become without natural affection.
- You live in a closet of deception all your life.
- You continually risk your health.
- You continually risk HIV infection.
- You continually risk the violent reactions of others.
- You live in fear of being outed.
- You live in fear of rejection by your family and others.
- You live a lifestyle that God hates.
- When Sin is finished with you, you die.
Sin May Try To Finish You Off With Drugs.
- It takes some drugs just one time to hook the user.
Drugs make you do whatever you have to do to get the money.
- Sell your body for more drugs.
- Get a criminal record.
- Become HIV positive (dirty needles)
- Live a lie.
- Change into a crazed animal at times
- Beat and abuse others.
- Birth children with serious birth defects.
- Risk losing the ones that love you.
- Warp your personality.
- Damage your ability to think clearly.
- Fry your brains for life.
- Live with flashbacks for many years.
- Sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
Sin May Try To Finish You Off With Alcohol .
- Destroys your family
- Puts your marriage on the rocks
- Makes you choose the Bottle over your own family.
- Forces you to miss work.
- Lets you lose your job.
- Lose your career.
- Consider homelessness an option.
- Damage your vital organs.
- Destroy your liver.
- May make you lose your Driver’s license and possibly your freedom.
- Sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
- You accept it’s morality.
- That TV becomes More important to you than Heaven.
Your Senses Become Hardened By:
- Pre-marital Sex
- Humanistic values
Hollywood Demands Christians be portrayed as:
- Wicked and Hypocritical people.
- Churches put in a bad light.
Sin Demands That You Let It Do Your Thinking.
- Preachers are always bad people.
- Christians are crazy people.
- Makes you believe that you will go to Heaven without going to church.
- Your involvement
- Your participation, physically/emotionally.
- That you recruit.
- That you not go to hell alone… take others.
- Your time
- Your finances – That you throw money to the devil, but have a problem with tithes.
- Become addicted.
- Sin Demands Your Life.
- Sin Demands Your Future.
- Sin Demands Your Soul.
- When sin is finished with you, you die.
Sin Demands That You Live In:
- In Fear of Dying
Sin Demands You:
- Reject God’s Love.
- Receive it’s wages.
- Go to Hell.
- Feel Uncomfortable in Church.
- Feel Uncomfortable in the presence of God.
- Become hardened in your heart.
- Believe a lie and be lost.
- You backslide.
- Get rebellious.
- Stay away from church.
- Lose your testimony.
- Sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
Sin is working on you right now
- Day and night
- Sin demands you never tell it good-by
- Sin, at best, can only bring temporary pleasure
Sin Doesn’t Care About You.
- Why Not Say Good-bye to the Sinning Business?
- Just because sin is about finished with you doesn’t mean God is!
You Better Pray God Doesn’t Wipe His Hands Like A Mechanic When He Looks At You.
- He’s Not Willing Any Should Perish.
- No Such Thing As A Throw-A-Way Soul.
Remember The Shepherd And The Ninety And Nine?
- The Shepherd wouldn’t stop seeking the lamb until He found it.
Sin Demands That When It’s Done,
- You are thrown away.
- To Jesus, there is no such thing as a throwaway soul!
He’s Not Willing That Any Should Perish!
Sin May Be About Finished With You, But God’s Not…
When Jesus Said, It Is Finished,
He meant that mercy was now available for all
Mercy Is Available Now…
- Now, when sin is finishing up with you.
- Now, when it looks hopeless.
- Now, when you’re feeling desperate.
- Now, when the Hell thinks your soul is doomed.
- Now, when you’ve nowhere else to turn.
Jesus is still reaching out to you!
He’s Reaching Out Right Now!
Receive His Mercy Right Now!
- Repent of your sins.
- Be baptized in Jesus Name.
- Receive the Gift of The Holy Ghost
Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
They Read You Like A Book!
2 Corinthians 3:2 Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:
- Our lives are read of all men.
- Everyone can see what we really are.
Psalms 90:9 For all our days are passed away in thy wrath: we spend our years as a tale that is told.
- What story does your life tell?
- Will your story have a happy ending?
God is The Writer And You Are His Poem!
Hebrews 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
- Workmanship – poiēma – (poem) His “masterpiece” (NLT), His “handiwork” (NAB), His “work of art” (NJB),
- We are His Poem! God is trying to write a masterpiece for the world to read using nothing but your life.
- Will your poem be a disappointment or a blessing?
- Does it have any rhyme or reason?
- Is the meter in your life poem awkward and difficult to read aloud, especially in public?
- Would God put your poem in His Book?
- Or, would you be one of His non-published works?
So, If Your Life Is A Poem, What Kind Of Poem Are You?
- There are many different types of poems.
- The difference between each type is based on the format, rhyme scheme and subject matter.
- A Poet attempts to express himself in his poem.
- I wonder, is the Writer happy with how your poem turned out?
- Did you take the pen from His hand and try to write your own verses?
A Poem Tells A Story. It Is Meant To Be A Thing Of Grace And Beauty.
- Is yours a love poem?
- Is it a sonnet of sorrow?
- Maybe it’s an ode to a bitter regret?
- Would it so wonderfully describe a place you’ve known in Christ, that every reader would desire to go there?
- Or, would your poem be one of shipwreck?
- Would it only tell of earthly pursuits and carnal fulfillments?
- Would it be about a magnificent obsession for heaven and living for Jesus?
- Does your poem condone compromise and mock the teachings of the Bible and your spiritual forefathers?
- Does it make light of standards and holiness living?
- Does it direct young people down a worldly path?
- Does it tell everyone to question authority?
- What kind of poem are you writing with your life?
- Maybe your poem is about recovery, like the prodigal son’s?
Will yours be written the same way Judas, Balaam, Achan, Cain, Esau and Korah wrote theirs? (Remember, the beginning of your poem can’t be unwritten, but you can change the ending with God’s help.)
Do You Believe Your Poem Will Inspire Others?
- Will it encourage?
- Will it be a life example for someone?
- Will it be a beacon of hope?
- Will it describe the Joy and Grandeur you’ve found in serving the Lord?
- Will your readers feel the desire to reach higher, draw closer and believe for more?
- Could your poem be put to music and become a song glorifying Jesus Christ?
- Will it be written in sweetness?
- Will your poem be about self-denial and decreasing so that He may increase?
- Will your poem make its readers want to live the same kind of life you did?
- Will God smile approval as He peruses your pages?
- Will God publish your poem?
- Will He put yours on His bookshelf?
Have You Ever Read Any Of These Poems?
- James Kilgore
- G.T. Haywood
- M. E. Burr
- Ike Terry
- Billy Cole
- H. B. Morgan
- Lonnie Marcus
- Clyde Haney
- David Gray
What Happened To Your Heart When You Read These Poems?
- Content Faith Ballestero
- June Starr Davis
- Nona Freeman
- Emilie O’Brien
- Agnes Holmes
- Willie Johnson
- Lena Spillman
What Did You Feel When You Read These?
Did You Fall In Love With Jesus Christ Anew When You Read Any Of These?
- Carl J. Ballestero
- W.R. Starr
- Verbal Bean
- A.D. Urshan
- Wendell Gleason
- J.B. Lambeth
- G.A. Mangun
- J.T. Pugh
- Cleveland Becton
- Bill Bowman
- Robert Cavaness Sr
- William Garrett
- J. Frank Wilson
- Patrick Wilson
- Stanley R. Hanby
- J.L. Pipkin
- Charles Grisham
- Juan Alvear
- Don Johnson
- A.O. Holmes
- Hebert Starr
- Paul Leaman
- James Springer
(Warning! You Will Soon Become A Product Of What You Read! Choose Your Reading Material Carefully!)
When Your Children Read Your Life’s Poem…
- Will they be enthralled with the sweetness of your story?
- Will they hold their heads up high and say, “My dad wrote that!” or “My mom wrote that!”?
- Will they be repulsed by church standards?
- Will they hate church and preachers because of your poem?
- Will they look at all Christians as hypocrites because of your poem?
- Will they treasure the opportunity to live for God because they read your poem?
- Will they rise up and call you blessed?
Here’s Some Advice From Me, An Old Man, Whose Poem Is About Finished.
If we are to be His poem (or handiwork) then we should let Him do all the writing. Why not put the pen back in His hands? You will never regret letting Him order your life. If you let Him be the Author and the Finisher of your poem, everyone will love reading it. Never let anyone, not used of God, make changes or edit your poem!
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
God wrote a poem
Just using you!
Remember, The World Can Read You Like A Book!
Will People Who Miss Church Go To Hell?
Schools Take A Student’s Chronic Absenteeism Seriously!
- In Georgia makes the parent accountable and takes them to court.
- In Pennsylvania students who miss 18 cumulative days will be retained at their current grade level.
Sign on a billboard near where I live in Michigan says, “2 absences per month = less likely to graduate”
It’s no secret. A student who finds a way to miss a couple of days a month during the school year, may never receive a diploma.
If you as good students and parents can grasp the value and importance of faithful school attendance, then you are beginning to see the light.
What If The Billboard Sign Said:
“2 absences from church per month = less likely to be saved”?
Heb 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
Faithful church attendance is a Bible requirement!
Every church has those members who are hit-and-miss. They work a job that keeps them out of church. They live on the spiritual fringe. Most never seem to make up for lost time once the do get back in service.
Why gamble with your soul? Make this the year you choose to put your faithful attendance to the House of God at the very top of your New Years resolution list! You won’t be sorry!
Will People Who Miss Church Go To Hell?
My answer… Why would you even take the risk of missing church to find out?
(See you at church.)
The Spirit Of Offense
Everyone in the world has had times when they have been hurt or could have chosen to be offended.
Being Offended Is A Choice.
- Please don’t choose it!
- How you respond or react to an offense tells everyone what spirit you have.
- One of the most dangerous spirits to posses is the spirit of offense.
- It will keep you from receiving correction or direction.
- It will hinder your relationship with the ministry.
- Matt. 13:21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.
- Remember that offenses will come.
Being Habitually Offended Will Make You A Bitter Person.
Bitterness will use YOU to defile many others.
Heb. 12:15 Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;
Mark the church member who tells you that he or she is offended by you in some manner. It won’t be long before they leave. It just may be that the Spirit of Offense overwhelms them.
Proverbs 18:19 A brother offended is harder to be won than a strong city: and their contentions are like the bars of a castle.
Why Are Some People Habitually Offended?
It can be the worst personality trait of all! The spirit of offense is very hard to be delivered from. It will never happen accidentally. It’s not something one will just grow out of, either.
If someone you know has the spirit of offense, be aware that they just might tell you off or cut you off next.
Nabal Was So Belligerent And Easily Offended, That No One Could Talk To Him.
1Sam. 25:17 Now therefore know and consider what thou wilt do; for evil is determined against our master, and against all his household: for he is such a son of Belial, that a man cannot speak to him.
- It seemed that Nabal was mad at the world and everyone in it.
- He had the most wonderful wife, he had wealth and everything he could desire, but what he had most, was a bad attitude.
- God killed him.
Here Are Some Questions For Those Who Are Easily Offended:
- Is there continual drama in your world?
- What is it that makes you the one who is continually being persecuted or attacked by others?
- Why is it always you who gets hurt?
- Why is it that you are always the victim?
- Why is it that you have to keep cutting off people because they have hurt you?
- Why is it that you have a list of people you no longer talk to?
- How come there is always some kind problem going on between you and your family, or one of your friends?
- Why is it that you get your feelings hurt easily?
- How often do you hear yourself say, “That makes me so mad!”?
- How early did being offend start in you?
- Is jealousy part of the issue?
- Did you get ignored by those you wanted to be with?
- How many of your old friends are now your enemy?
- How often do you feel that you are the object of an attack?
- Do you battle with these hurts often?
- Do you find it hard to forgive?
- Are you continually in a feud?
- How’s your blood pressure?
- Do you think of ways to get back at the people who offended you?
- Do you unfriend them on Facebook?
- Do you block them?
- Do you talk online about how you have been mistreated, hoping to gather support, while not telling all the facts correctly?
- Do you pray louder, longer and harder than others to prove you have the right spirit?
- Do you worship expressively to show that you are the more spiritual one and thereby justify yourself?
- What kind of friends do you attract?
Being Habitually Offended Is Evidence Of The Spirit Of Offense.
- The Multitude Following Jesus Turned Away Because They Got Offended.
- Offended people distance themselves, from those they once admired. Causing many to leave the truth.
- Cain Got Offended And Then Killed His Brother.
- Offended people can be very jealous.
- Offended people are dramatic.
- Offended people become hateful and dangerous.
- The Elder Brother Of The Prodigal Son Got Offended And Mouthed Off To His Father.
- Offended people often show those around them who actually has the bad heart.
- Offended people are willing to hurt back.
- Even though the father forgave the son, his brother would not.
How Do People Act Around You If You Are Plagued By The Spirit Of Offense.
- Why would they want to include you in their groups? You are a bomb waiting to go off!
- Do they shun you because all you want to do is talk about the other people who have hurt you?
- Do they tiptoe around you by being civil but not warm when they talk to you?
- Are they afraid that they may be your next victim?
- Be aware that offended people are highly toxic and contagious.
The Enemy Of Your Soul Will Make Sure That You Become Offended.
- It will damage your walk with God.
- It will damage your every relationship.
- It will damage your church.
- It will damage your home life.
- It will damage your marriage.
- It with damage your relationship with your siblings, your parents, your in-laws, your children, and your spouse.
- It will make you leave your church.
If You Know You Have The Spirit Of Offense, What Are You Doing To Get Rid Of It?
- Yes you can be helped and delivered!
- Remember though, once you become offended at God, you will distance yourself from Him for an eternity.
Luke 7:23 And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.
It’s The Spirit Of The Last Days
Matthew 24:10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
What Is The Key To Your Deliverance From The Spirit Of Offense?
- If you know love is a key…
- If you know forgiving seventy times seven in one day is a key…
- If you know a soft answer is a key…
- If you know keeping your tongue is a key…
- If you know being easy to be entreated is a key…
- If you know kindness is a key…
- If you know praying all the way through is a key…
- If you know having your man of God lay hands on you and pray a prayer of deliverance for you is a key…
- If you know preferring your brother is a key…
- If you know not letting the sun go down on your wrath is a key…
- If you know prayer and fasting is a key…
- If you know dying daily is a key…
- If you know repentance to God is a key…
- If you know repentance to others is a key…
- If you know you know your brother has aught against you and you are to go to him is a key…
- If you know realizing you have a bad spirit is a key…
- If you know seeing how you are damaging those you love is a key…
- If you know you are hindering others in their walk with God is a key…
- If you know hell is using you to hinder God’s church is a key…
- If you know that your spirit may keep you out of heaven is a key…
Then, What Are You Waiting For?
Why Not Use Even One, If Not All These Keys, And Enjoy A New Life With Peace, Love And Contentment?