They Read You Like A Book!
2 Corinthians 3:2 Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:
- Our lives are read of all men.
- Everyone can see what we really are.
Psalms 90:9 For all our days are passed away in thy wrath: we spend our years as a tale that is told.
- What story does your life tell?
- Will your story have a happy ending?
God is The Writer And You Are His Poem!
Hebrews 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
- Workmanship – poiēma – (poem) His “masterpiece” (NLT), His “handiwork” (NAB), His “work of art” (NJB),
- We are His Poem! God is trying to write a masterpiece for the world to read using nothing but your life.
- Will your poem be a disappointment or a blessing?
- Does it have any rhyme or reason?
- Is the meter in your life poem awkward and difficult to read aloud, especially in public?
- Would God put your poem in His Book?
- Or, would you be one of His non-published works?
So, If Your Life Is A Poem, What Kind Of Poem Are You?
- There are many different types of poems.
- The difference between each type is based on the format, rhyme scheme and subject matter.
- A Poet attempts to express himself in his poem.
- I wonder, is the Writer happy with how your poem turned out?
- Did you take the pen from His hand and try to write your own verses?
A Poem Tells A Story. It Is Meant To Be A Thing Of Grace And Beauty.
- Is yours a love poem?
- Is it a sonnet of sorrow?
- Maybe it’s an ode to a bitter regret?
- Would it so wonderfully describe a place you’ve known in Christ, that every reader would desire to go there?
- Or, would your poem be one of shipwreck?
- Would it only tell of earthly pursuits and carnal fulfillments?
- Would it be about a magnificent obsession for heaven and living for Jesus?
- Does your poem condone compromise and mock the teachings of the Bible and your spiritual forefathers?
- Does it make light of standards and holiness living?
- Does it direct young people down a worldly path?
- Does it tell everyone to question authority?
- What kind of poem are you writing with your life?
- Maybe your poem is about recovery, like the prodigal son’s?
Will yours be written the same way Judas, Balaam, Achan, Cain, Esau and Korah wrote theirs? (Remember, the beginning of your poem can’t be unwritten, but you can change the ending with God’s help.)
Do You Believe Your Poem Will Inspire Others?
- Will it encourage?
- Will it be a life example for someone?
- Will it be a beacon of hope?
- Will it describe the Joy and Grandeur you’ve found in serving the Lord?
- Will your readers feel the desire to reach higher, draw closer and believe for more?
- Could your poem be put to music and become a song glorifying Jesus Christ?
- Will it be written in sweetness?
- Will your poem be about self-denial and decreasing so that He may increase?
- Will your poem make its readers want to live the same kind of life you did?
- Will God smile approval as He peruses your pages?
- Will God publish your poem?
- Will He put yours on His bookshelf?
Have You Ever Read Any Of These Poems?
- James Kilgore
- G.T. Haywood
- M. E. Burr
- Ike Terry
- Billy Cole
- H. B. Morgan
- Lonnie Marcus
- Clyde Haney
- David Gray
What Happened To Your Heart When You Read These Poems?
- Content Faith Ballestero
- June Starr Davis
- Nona Freeman
- Emilie O’Brien
- Agnes Holmes
- Willie Johnson
- Lena Spillman
What Did You Feel When You Read These?
Did You Fall In Love With Jesus Christ Anew When You Read Any Of These?
- Carl J. Ballestero
- W.R. Starr
- Verbal Bean
- A.D. Urshan
- Wendell Gleason
- J.B. Lambeth
- G.A. Mangun
- J.T. Pugh
- Cleveland Becton
- Bill Bowman
- Robert Cavaness Sr
- William Garrett
- J. Frank Wilson
- Patrick Wilson
- Stanley R. Hanby
- J.L. Pipkin
- Charles Grisham
- Juan Alvear
- Don Johnson
- A.O. Holmes
- Hebert Starr
- Paul Leaman
- James Springer
(Warning! You Will Soon Become A Product Of What You Read! Choose Your Reading Material Carefully!)
When Your Children Read Your Life’s Poem…
- Will they be enthralled with the sweetness of your story?
- Will they hold their heads up high and say, “My dad wrote that!” or “My mom wrote that!”?
- Will they be repulsed by church standards?
- Will they hate church and preachers because of your poem?
- Will they look at all Christians as hypocrites because of your poem?
- Will they treasure the opportunity to live for God because they read your poem?
- Will they rise up and call you blessed?
Here’s Some Advice From Me, An Old Man, Whose Poem Is About Finished.
If we are to be His poem (or handiwork) then we should let Him do all the writing. Why not put the pen back in His hands? You will never regret letting Him order your life. If you let Him be the Author and the Finisher of your poem, everyone will love reading it. Never let anyone, not used of God, make changes or edit your poem!
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
God wrote a poem
Just using you!
Remember, The World Can Read You Like A Book!
Will People Who Miss Church Go To Hell?
Schools Take A Student’s Chronic Absenteeism Seriously!
- In Georgia makes the parent accountable and takes them to court.
- In Pennsylvania students who miss 18 cumulative days will be retained at their current grade level.
Sign on a billboard near where I live in Michigan says, “2 absences per month = less likely to graduate”
It’s no secret. A student who finds a way to miss a couple of days a month during the school year, may never receive a diploma.
If you as good students and parents can grasp the value and importance of faithful school attendance, then you are beginning to see the light.
What If The Billboard Sign Said:
“2 absences from church per month = less likely to be saved”?
Heb 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
Faithful church attendance is a Bible requirement!
Every church has those members who are hit-and-miss. They work a job that keeps them out of church. They live on the spiritual fringe. Most never seem to make up for lost time once the do get back in service.
Why gamble with your soul? Make this the year you choose to put your faithful attendance to the House of God at the very top of your New Years resolution list! You won’t be sorry!
Will People Who Miss Church Go To Hell?
My answer… Why would you even take the risk of missing church to find out?
(See you at church.)
The Spirit Of Offense
Everyone in the world has had times when they have been hurt or could have chosen to be offended.
Being Offended Is A Choice.
- Please don’t choose it!
- How you respond or react to an offense tells everyone what spirit you have.
- One of the most dangerous spirits to posses is the spirit of offense.
- It will keep you from receiving correction or direction.
- It will hinder your relationship with the ministry.
- Matt. 13:21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.
- Remember that offenses will come.
Being Habitually Offended Will Make You A Bitter Person.
Bitterness will use YOU to defile many others.
Heb. 12:15 Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;
Mark the church member who tells you that he or she is offended by you in some manner. It won’t be long before they leave. It just may be that the Spirit of Offense overwhelms them.
Proverbs 18:19 A brother offended is harder to be won than a strong city: and their contentions are like the bars of a castle.
Why Are Some People Habitually Offended?
It can be the worst personality trait of all! The spirit of offense is very hard to be delivered from. It will never happen accidentally. It’s not something one will just grow out of, either.
If someone you know has the spirit of offense, be aware that they just might tell you off or cut you off next.
Nabal Was So Belligerent And Easily Offended, That No One Could Talk To Him.
1Sam. 25:17 Now therefore know and consider what thou wilt do; for evil is determined against our master, and against all his household: for he is such a son of Belial, that a man cannot speak to him.
- It seemed that Nabal was mad at the world and everyone in it.
- He had the most wonderful wife, he had wealth and everything he could desire, but what he had most, was a bad attitude.
- God killed him.
Here Are Some Questions For Those Who Are Easily Offended:
- Is there continual drama in your world?
- What is it that makes you the one who is continually being persecuted or attacked by others?
- Why is it always you who gets hurt?
- Why is it that you are always the victim?
- Why is it that you have to keep cutting off people because they have hurt you?
- Why is it that you have a list of people you no longer talk to?
- How come there is always some kind problem going on between you and your family, or one of your friends?
- Why is it that you get your feelings hurt easily?
- How often do you hear yourself say, “That makes me so mad!”?
- How early did being offend start in you?
- Is jealousy part of the issue?
- Did you get ignored by those you wanted to be with?
- How many of your old friends are now your enemy?
- How often do you feel that you are the object of an attack?
- Do you battle with these hurts often?
- Do you find it hard to forgive?
- Are you continually in a feud?
- How’s your blood pressure?
- Do you think of ways to get back at the people who offended you?
- Do you unfriend them on Facebook?
- Do you block them?
- Do you talk online about how you have been mistreated, hoping to gather support, while not telling all the facts correctly?
- Do you pray louder, longer and harder than others to prove you have the right spirit?
- Do you worship expressively to show that you are the more spiritual one and thereby justify yourself?
- What kind of friends do you attract?
Being Habitually Offended Is Evidence Of The Spirit Of Offense.
- The Multitude Following Jesus Turned Away Because They Got Offended.
- Offended people distance themselves, from those they once admired. Causing many to leave the truth.
- Cain Got Offended And Then Killed His Brother.
- Offended people can be very jealous.
- Offended people are dramatic.
- Offended people become hateful and dangerous.
- The Elder Brother Of The Prodigal Son Got Offended And Mouthed Off To His Father.
- Offended people often show those around them who actually has the bad heart.
- Offended people are willing to hurt back.
- Even though the father forgave the son, his brother would not.
How Do People Act Around You If You Are Plagued By The Spirit Of Offense.
- Why would they want to include you in their groups? You are a bomb waiting to go off!
- Do they shun you because all you want to do is talk about the other people who have hurt you?
- Do they tiptoe around you by being civil but not warm when they talk to you?
- Are they afraid that they may be your next victim?
- Be aware that offended people are highly toxic and contagious.
The Enemy Of Your Soul Will Make Sure That You Become Offended.
- It will damage your walk with God.
- It will damage your every relationship.
- It will damage your church.
- It will damage your home life.
- It will damage your marriage.
- It with damage your relationship with your siblings, your parents, your in-laws, your children, and your spouse.
- It will make you leave your church.
If You Know You Have The Spirit Of Offense, What Are You Doing To Get Rid Of It?
- Yes you can be helped and delivered!
- Remember though, once you become offended at God, you will distance yourself from Him for an eternity.
Luke 7:23 And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.
It’s The Spirit Of The Last Days
Matthew 24:10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
What Is The Key To Your Deliverance From The Spirit Of Offense?
- If you know love is a key…
- If you know forgiving seventy times seven in one day is a key…
- If you know a soft answer is a key…
- If you know keeping your tongue is a key…
- If you know being easy to be entreated is a key…
- If you know kindness is a key…
- If you know praying all the way through is a key…
- If you know having your man of God lay hands on you and pray a prayer of deliverance for you is a key…
- If you know preferring your brother is a key…
- If you know not letting the sun go down on your wrath is a key…
- If you know prayer and fasting is a key…
- If you know dying daily is a key…
- If you know repentance to God is a key…
- If you know repentance to others is a key…
- If you know you know your brother has aught against you and you are to go to him is a key…
- If you know realizing you have a bad spirit is a key…
- If you know seeing how you are damaging those you love is a key…
- If you know you are hindering others in their walk with God is a key…
- If you know hell is using you to hinder God’s church is a key…
- If you know that your spirit may keep you out of heaven is a key…
Then, What Are You Waiting For?
Why Not Use Even One, If Not All These Keys, And Enjoy A New Life With Peace, Love And Contentment?
Can You Turn Jesus Around?
Some Things That Turn Jesus Around…
The Faith Of The Woman With The Issue Of Blood Turned Jesus Around.
Matthew 9:20 And, behold, a woman, which was diseased with an issue of blood twelve years, came behind him, and touched the hem of his garment:
Matthew 9:21 For she said within herself, If I may but touch his garment, I shall be whole.
Matthew 9:22 But Jesus turned him about, and when he saw her, he said, Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole. And the woman was made whole from that hour.
Mark 5:30 And Jesus, immediately knowing in himself that virtue had gone out of him, turned him about in the press, and said, Who touched my clothes?
- What Turned Jesus Around?
- Believing He Can When No One Else Can.
The Centurion’s Faith In Our Lord’s Spoken Word Turned Jesus Around.
Luke 7:6 Then Jesus went with them. And when he was now not far from the house, the centurion sent friends to him, saying unto him, Lord, trouble not thyself: for I am not worthy that thou shouldest enter under my roof:
Luke 7:7 Wherefore neither thought I myself worthy to come unto thee: but say in a word, and my servant shall be healed.
Luke 7:8 For I also am a man set under authority, having under me soldiers, and I say unto one, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.
Luke 7:9 When Jesus heard these things, he marvelled at him, and turned him about, and said unto the people that followed him, I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.
- What Turned Jesus Around?
- Believing In His word
The Disciple’s Hunger For His Fellowship Turned Jesus Around.
Luke 24:28 And they drew nigh unto the village, whither they went: and he made as though he would have gone further.
Luke 24:29 But they constrained him, saying, Abide with us: for it is toward evening, and the day is far spent. And he went in to tarry with them.
- What Turned Jesus Around?
- Hungry For His Presence.
All It Took Was Faith And Hunger To Turn Jesus Around.
Can You Turn Jesus Around?
Then Do It!
Things That Keep An Apostolic Pastor Up At Night
Being a pastor involves much more than just standing behind the pulpit. As an under-shepherd of the Lord’s flock he has the responsibility of their spiritual protection, feeding, and care. Knowing that some day he must answer to God, a pastor who is according to His heart, strives to be very careful.
A refreshed pastor is more likely to bring a fresh word for his hearers. Tired and burnt-out ones may be happy to just get through the day. That is where a good nights rest is worth its weight in gold.
Sometimes He Wakes Up In The Night And His Mind Won’t Shut Back Down.
- That’s when his sleep is gone.
- That’s when he worries.
- That’s when he tosses and turns.
- That’s when he is desperate for the answer from God about what to do.
- That’s when his wife has her sleep disturbed.
- That’s when he has to get up and go into another room.
So, What Keeps Your Pastor Up At Night? What If It Was You?
Is It You Keeping Him Awake?
- Your spiritual condition.
- Your attitude.
- Your critical comments.
- Your withdrawal.
- Your missing church.
- Your bad choices.
- Your disobedience.
- Your playing with fire.
- Your choice of questionable friends.
- Your criticisms of godliness and standards.
- Your lack of prayer.
- Your lack of worship.
- Your leaving immediately after church.
- Your giving money to everything but God.
- Your refusal to pay tithes.
- Your unresponsiveness to preaching.
- Your lack of involvement to church functions and workdays.
- Your influence on others.
- Your marriage problems.
Is It The Lack Of Money For The Church?
- Church payments coming due, knowing his name is on the line.
- The utility bills.
- How to pay the evangelist.
- Wondering why all the saints won’t pay tithes.
Is It The Lack Of Money For Himself?
- Deciding whether to get a second job or resign.
- Wondering how he will be able to pay his bills.
Is It The Consequences Of Preaching Holiness?
- What will happen if he preaches holiness from the pulpit?
- What will happen if he enforces it?
- What will happen if he doesn’t?
- Why would people who want the Holy Ghost not want to be holy?
Is It Staff Members Who Are Out Of Line?
- They are unproductive.
- They have to be told what to do continually and followed up on.
- They mainly create more problems than they do good.
- They think they own the position.
- They think they are the steward of the church finances and not the pastor.
- They divulge sensitive information to others.
- They will get hurt and offended if replaced.
Is It The Church Members Who Leave?
- Every pastor asks himself what else could he have done?
- Every pastor takes it personal.
- Every pastor wonders who will go with them.
Is It Church Members Who Are Offended?
- Those who wont stop fighting.
- Those who are habitually offended.
- Those who stay home to show their disapproval.
Is It Trying To Pastor A Church That Resists Revival?
- A church that is content with church as usual and will not push itself toward revival.
- A church that has lost a spirit of prayer.
- A church that lost its spirit of worship.
- A church that lets the praise singers do the worship for them.
- A church that lets the same six or seven worship in the audience.
- A church that won’t witness.
- A church that is cliquish.
- A church that won’t rally behind the pastor.
- A church that never catches the pastor’s vision.
- A church that is dead.
Things You Can Do To Help Your Pastor Sleep Better At Night!
- Pray through.
- Love your brother.
- Pay your tithes.
- Worship with all your heart.
- Come early for prayer.
- Get involved in church.
- Become a soul winner.
- Make yourself available.
- Give your heart to God.
- Give your hand to your pastor.
- Verbalize your support to him.
- Tell him you love him, and then show it.
- Pray for him.
When God Refuses To Hear Your Prayer
1. God Refuses The Prayers Of Those Who You Shut Their Ears To Truth.
Proverbs 28:9 He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination.
- A thing that causes disgust or hatred.
- Synonyms: atrocity, disgrace, horror, obscenity, outrage, evil, crime, monstrosity, anathema, bane
2. God Refuses The Prayers Of Husbands Who Mistreat Their Wife And Ignore Her Needs.
1 Peter 3:7 Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.
3. God Refuses The Hypocrite’s Prayer.
Matthew 6:5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
Matthew 6:6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
Matthew 6:7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
Matthew 6:8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.
4. God Refuses Prayers That Are Just Vain Repetition.
Matthew 6:7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking
God Refuses Prayers From Those Who Harbor Unrepented Sin In Their Hearts.
Psalms 66:18 If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me:
5. God Refuses The Prayers Of The Self Righteous.
Luke 18:10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
Luke 18:11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
Luke 18:12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
Luke 18:13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
Luke 18:14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.
6. God Refuses Prayers That Go Against His Will.
James 4:3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.
7. God Refuses The Prayers Of Those Who Refuse To Help The Poor.
Proverbs 21:13 Whoso stoppeth his ears at the cry of the poor, he also shall cry himself, but shall not be heard.
8. God Refuses The Prayers Of Those Who Do Not Tithe, Nor Will He Bless Them.
Malachi 3:8 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.
Malachi 3:9 Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.
Malachi 3:10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
Malachi 3:11 And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts.
Malachi 3:12 And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the LORD of hosts.
9. God Refuses To Hear Prayers For Forgiveness From Those Who Won’t Forgive Others.
Mark 11:25 And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.
Mark 11:26 But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.
10. God Refuses The Prayers Of The Apostate and Truth Rejectors.
Ezekiel 20:31 For when ye offer your gifts, when ye make your sons to pass through the fire, ye pollute yourselves with all your idols, even unto this day: and shall I be enquired of by you, O house of Israel? As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I will not be enquired of by you.
Ezekiel 20:32 And that which cometh into your mind shall not be at all, that ye say, We will be as the heathen, as the families of the countries, to serve wood and stone.
11. God Refuses Prayers That Are Too Late,
Luke 16:22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham’s bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
Luke 16:23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
Luke 16:24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
Luke 16:25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
Luke 16:26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.
Luke 16:27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father’s house:
Luke 16:28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.
Luke 16:29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
Luke 16:30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
Luke 16:31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.
12. God Refuses To Hear The Prayers Of Doubters.
James 1:6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
James 1:7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
The Prayers God Always Answers!
2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
God Waits For His People To:
- Humble ourselves.
- Pray serious prayers
- Seek His Face (which includes worship)
- Quit our sinning.
When We Do That, He Promised:
- To hear our prayers
- Forgive our sins
- Bless our finances
How To Say, “I Don’t Love You!” To God With Your Mouth Closed!
There are many ways to say that you do not love God, even without opening your mouth!
For Starters, Here Is A Short List:
- Refusing To Obey His Commandments.
(John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.)
- Not Following Him.
(John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
- Following Him For The Loaves and Fishes.
(John 6:26 Jesus answered them and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Ye seek me, not because ye saw the miracles, but because ye did eat of the loaves, and were filled.)
- Refusing Him.
(Mat 23:37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!)
- Hardening Your Heart.
(Heb. 3:15 While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.)
- Hating Your Brother.
(1 John 3:15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.)
- Loving The World.
(1 John 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.)
- Being Friends With The World.
(James 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.)
*Let’s look at the last two scriptures a bit closer…
1 John 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
Jas 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.
The Message Bible says it this way: James 4:4 You’re cheating on God. If all you want is your own way, flirting with the world every chance you get, you end up enemies of God and his way.
- Look again at the word – ‘enmity’.
- Definition: Enmity – the state or feeling of being actively opposed or hostile to someone or something.
- G2189 (Strong) Echthra (ekh’-thrah)
- Feminine of G2190; hostility; by implication a reason for opposition: – enmity,
If you are a friend of the world, your mouth won’t ever have to say a thing. Your heart is talking louder than your lips. You are actively opposing God if you are friends with the world. You are personally fighting Him. He takes it as though you declared war on Him and His church. Your every worldly action is hostile towards Him, so He counts you as the enemy,
You won’t ever have to say one word. He looks at your heart, sees that you are friends with the world, and that’s when He knows you don’t love Him. No one can love the world and God at the same time. To Him, you have become the enemy.
Matt. 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
God hates the world so much He won’t even like you if you like the world. You must make the choice between God and mammon. If you are even just friends with the world, His love is not in you. You also must love him more than houses, lands, mother, father, sister, or brother, or things.
God Looks At Your Heart Not Your Mouth
So all those who proclaim, ‘God only looks on the inside,’ need to pay close attention to this scripture. Right here is where it gets real dangerous for them. Your love of the world or even friendship with the world is an open sign of hatred of God. Because you chose to not denounce the world and turn your back on it, His love is not in you.
What You Love You Will Imitate!
- You will imitate it in your speech
- You will imitate it in your Dress
- You will imitate it in your Actions
- You will imitate it in your Lifestyle
- You will imitate it in your Fellowship choices
If You Are Not Friend With, Or In Love With The World:
- Why then would you go where the world goes?
- Why then would you do what the world does?
- Why then would you dress like the world dresses?
- Why then would you act like the world acts?
- Why then would you talk like the world talks?
- Why then would you accept the thinking the world accepts?
- Why then would you make people of the world your best friends?
- Why then would you be interested in their books, their magazines or movies?
- Why then would you seek their entertainment?
- Why then would you get wrapped up in their sports world?
- Why then would you defend anything about the world?
- Why then would you have a problem with preaching about separation from the world?
- Why then would you post pictures of yourself looking like the world on social media?
- Why then would you change churches and go where they are more ‘friendly’ with the world?
- Why then would you challenge standards?
- Why then would you keep asking if something is a sin or not?
- Why then would you have a problem with your pastor saying, “NO”?
You are not required to explain your feelings to me, only to God. But He already knows how you feel about the world.
You may claim you do not love the world, but He has a problem with you being a friend of the world.
- We defend our friends.
- We support our friends.
- We make allowances for our friends.
- We communicate with our friends.
- We take sides with our friends.
Visual clues usually tell us if someone likes us or is interested in us. We look at their body language, and facial expressions. We listen to every word they speak to us and read into their meanings. Even a dog can tell if we like it or not.
We consider ourselves fairly adept at reading people by what we see on the outside. But God pays attention to the very thoughts and intents of our heart.
We all know about juvenile antics, like sticking your tongue out at someone you don’t like. When it comes to God, you don’t have to stick your tongue out to let Him know you are not interested, or even make a mean face. You won’t have to turn your physical back on Him to show Him you are not interested. He already knows.
He Told The Pharisees That Their Hearts Didn’t Love Him.
Matt 15:8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
They were religious and devout, yet they didn’t love Him. God examines everyone’s heart to see if they truly love Him or just say that they do.
Loving The World Is:
- Telling God you don’t love Him.
- Declaring War on God
- Defined by God as Spiritual Adultery
Know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? Your love for the things of the world, your desire for it, your conformity to it, and compliance with its sinfulness, are declarations of war with God, and acts of hostility upon Him.
It shows the enmity of your mindset against him, and it is displeasing to Him. He accuses everyone who loves the world of spiritual adultery. Friendliness with the world is spiritual unfaithfulness. It dissolves the spiritual marriage between God and the soul.
Living for God is not a game. This life is serious. Not everyone who says, ‘Lord, Lord,” is going to heaven.
Live for Him with all your heart. Quit trying to see how close to the edge you can get and still be considered Pentecostal.
- Am I Apostolic or not?
- Am I Holiness minded or not?
- Am I pleasing God with the things I do, place I go, and things I enjoy?
- Do I really love Him MORE than anything?
- Am I a lover of pleasure more than a lover of God?
- Does God respect me?
If you are friends with or even fond of the world, then you are telling God, without opening your mouth that you don’t love Him.
- To God, then, you are as an unfaithful spouse.
- To Him, it is an act of war.
- Remember, even with your mouth closed, your heart is still talking.
Deut 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:
Deut 6:5 And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
Deut 6:6 And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:
Deut 6:7 And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.
Deut 6:8 And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes.
Deut 6:9 And thou shalt write them upon the posts of thy house, and on thy gates.
Deut 6:10 And it shall be, when the LORD thy God shall have brought thee into the land which he sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give thee great and goodly cities, which thou buildedst not,
Deut 6:11 And houses full of all good things, which thou filledst not, and wells digged, which thou diggedst not, vineyards and olive trees, which thou plantedst not; when thou shalt have eaten and be full;
Deut 6:12 Then beware lest thou forget the LORD, which brought thee forth out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.
Deut 6:13 Thou shalt fear the LORD thy God, and serve him, and shalt swear by his name.
Deut 6:14 Ye shall not go after other gods, of the gods of the people which are round about you;
Deut 6:15 (For the LORD thy God is a jealous God among you) lest the anger of the LORD thy God be kindled against thee, and destroy thee from off the face of the earth.
Deut 6:16 Ye shall not tempt the LORD your God, as ye tempted him in Massah.
Deut 6:17 Ye shall diligently keep the commandments of the LORD your God, and his testimonies, and his statutes, which he hath commanded thee.
Deut 6:18 And thou shalt do that which is right and good in the sight of the LORD: that it may be well with thee, and that thou mayest go in and possess the good land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers,
Deut 6:19 To cast out all thine enemies from before thee, as the LORD hath spoken.