The Ballestero Blog

"That's what I'm talking about!"

If I Was A Holiness Rejecter!

with 12 comments

Holiness Thoughts

After I went to bed. I picked up the pad of paper beside my bed and began to write these thoughts down as they came to me.

I had been in a conversation with a life-long friend and he began to say things that scared me. I saw he had made a turn in his thinking, and I couldn’t make the turn with him.  It actually frightened me very much, I wrote for and hour or two, then fell asleep. Three or four times I awakened and continued my writing.

• I even dreamed about it.
  • What I don’t know is why I feel Holiness has to be defended.
  • It is God’s lowest standard. Israel never complained about all of their holiness requirements and regulations and they didn’t even have the Holy Ghost.
  • They didn’t even have a spirit of holiness, they just had law.
  • They complained about the food and about their leadership, but never about their holiness.
  • That seems to be all that Pentecostals fuss about.

This generation, has the Holy Ghost experience available, yet most of our discussions have to do with negative things about Holiness.

• It’s like we are trying to see how little we can do and still be saved.
  • We are attempting to be saved by doing the minimum.
  • Saints change churches because they don’t like the Holiness preaching. It was too hard for them.

Wouldn’t it be something if Israel stood up in the Judgment and condemned this generation?

These are the thoughts I have put down as they came to me. They are without organization. They might even be without clarity. All I know is, I felt a touch of God’s Holiness about me before when I finally went to sleep.

1. I like Brooklyn Tabernacle’s song: “Holy Like You”

2. In Isaiah 6, Isaiah was Sanctified before being called or sent.

3. Do I speak “The Language Of Holiness”

4. When I lose Holiness, the Revelation of the Godhead goes too. They are connected.

5. Holy Ghost. How can I have the HOLY Ghost and say I hate HOLY things?

6. I’ve seen new converts changed w/o hearing holiness preached. All by the power of the Holy Ghost.

7. Story of Elizabeth. After being baptized that night, got rid of everything she didn’t think she wanted Jesus to see in her house. Immediately received the Holy Ghost.

8. In Old Testament – Holiness was legislated

9. In New Testament they received the Spirit of Holiness.

10. Holiness includes: purity- heart, modesty-outside, righteousness-conduct.

11. Draw nigh to God.  This was written to those that already had the Holy Ghost.

12. There should be a Quest for Holiness.

13. There’s Safety in Holiness

14. There’s Benefits in Holiness

15. The Why Of Holiness.

1. Why do some want to re-define standards?
  2. Why do some want to rebel against what they were taught.
  3. When they came into this church it was a Holiness church.
  4. They knew that when they came in.
  5. Why do they want to change it now?
  6. That is like a girl marrying a boy and then wanting him to change.

16. Why do they want to dress that way?

17. Why do they make fun of Holiness.

18. What is wrong with them that makes them have a problem with carefulness about the things of God?

19. Why do they reject preaching on Holiness?

20. Why do they distance themselves from all Holiness preaching?

21. Why do ALL Conservative preachers seem harsh and bitter to them?

22. Why is the word Holiness offensive to them?

23. Why does their church get quiet when the subject gets preached?

24. Who are they trying to please when they let down on the standard? God?

25. What will their permissiveness produce?

26. I know what Holiness produces.

27. “You get what you preach.”

28. List the number of churches that have thrown their convictions and holiness out the door, and then tell me about their amazing church growth and climbing attendance. It don’t see it.

29. They threw away their convictions, lost their revelation and never got much in return.  It wasn’t worth it. All they received was delusion, and there may never be hope of recovery.

30. In the Military – there is extensive recruiting and training

31. In Sports – there is extensive recruiting and training

32. Yes there’s cuts, drop outs, even AWOL

33. All some Churches think is important is the recruiting. They can even recruit a small army.  They wonder why some don’t last. Was it because they were not trained.

34. Some young people have grown up never hearing a sermon on the subject of Holiness.

35. All that we want to hear is Salvation, healing, miracles, faith, and blessings

36. Saints aren’t born, they’re made.  It will take some preaching to make saints out of them.

37. Daddy said to me “if you have a choice between being an Exhorter or a Feeder, be a Feeder.  Feeders build churches.

38. There is a NEED for training.

39. Prov 22:6 Train up a child… etc.  The word train there has to do with touching the palate.

1. Developing a taste in the child’s mouth for the things of God.
  2. Flinging a craving on the child for God things.
  3. Some try to cram things down people’s throats instead.

40. Why does God want us to be holy?

1. It identifies us
  2. It says we know Jesus
  3. It says we hate the world.
  4. It says we refuse to be called the son of pharaoh’s daughter, choosing rather… (Holiness is a choice)
  5. It identifies us with Him
  6. It is a daily reminder – Israel wore a ribbon of blue

41. Why does God say be ye holy, even as I am holy?

42. Why does God WANT me to be holy?

43. He put His Holy Spirit in me, so why would I Not want to be Holy.

44. If I have the Holy Ghost, why would I be so in love with unholy things?

45. In my opinion, If I was a Holiness Rejecter, I would not be “Enlightened”. I would be backslid.

Written by Martyn Ballestero

January 31, 2010 at 7:10 am

12 Responses

1. That was powerful!! Holiness with love is beautiful , I want to be MORE like Jesus, than what he asked us to come out of (Come out and be ye separate)!! Inside and out! I pray my life is a light to those who are lost. I want them to see Jesus/Love in me.That is a good reason he wanted us to be “different” , so those who are lost know where to turn to to find Him, and to please him! My lifestyle, Clothing, accessories, heart, attitude are such a SMALL thing to devote to God..really, hes done so much for me!!

Marisa Hartzell

January 31, 2010 at 7:50 am

2. Thank you Bro. Ballestero for this! It blessed me!

Lorraine Bertram

January 31, 2010 at 7:58 am

• That was powerful!!! My thoughts exactly!! Holiness is Very important! Thank you L.T. Reynolds for instilling in me my love for Holiness!! He was an awesome uncle and pastor!!! Have a wonderful day…see you in a couple of weeks! Looking forward to a great revival! 🙂

Paula Luke

January 31, 2010 at 8:26 am

3. God requires “holiness” from those who claim His “redemption”. “Be ye Holy, for I am Holy.” This message, in my humble opinion, should be a required message at every District Conference, Camp-Meeting, and the General Conference of the United Pentecostal Church this year. We who “claim” the Holy Ghost experience are “defined” by Biblical Holiness. We, as humans, have no right, no authority, nor are we given the privilege of “changing” the Word of God. I believe that I read in an “ole black book” somewhere that GOD, Himself, said: “If any man add to, or takes away from the words written in this BOOK, I will take his/her name out of the BOOK of LIFE.”

If you are going to preach/teach the complete, entire, validated WORD OF GOD, HOLINESS is not an “option”-it is a REQUIREMENT.

We must please GOD rather than culture, or humanity.

Brooks Coburn

January 31, 2010 at 1:01 pm

4. Bro. Marty: I Read your blog. I want to tell you I appreciate your ministry. I read something just recently,”The past is part of who we are.It formed us and shaped us and brought us to this place.”I thznk God for the men that are still a part of me. One of those men was your Dad.I read his book “How high my mountain.” It was a strength to my walk with God .I have lost some years of being around your family,but I was inspired by your children and the ministry that they are involved in. God bless you and your family.

Jack Reeves

January 31, 2010 at 4:16 pm

5. Thank for some great thoughts being written down where many can read them. Your thoughts do provoke many questions and answers.

Bobby Ikerd

January 31, 2010 at 4:23 pm

6. I loved it….every bit. Reminded me of that old song, “I want my Lord to be satisfied with me….”

Carlene

January 31, 2010 at 8:44 pm

7. Wonderful! So much truth written here. I enjoyed this so much.

Jo Branham

February 1, 2010 at 12:06 pm

8. I thank my Lord and Savior everyday for the desire to be Holy. It is a joy to live a Holy life that’s free from the stress and pain brought upon us when we don’t live a clean life. Thank you, Bro. Ballestero, for your ministry. Look forward to your next blog. God bless you in Jesus’ name!!

Dianne Kelly

February 1, 2010 at 10:49 pm

9. I love it, these are powerful words! I love Holiness standards!!

God Bless

Linda Clark

February 15, 2010 at 1:09 pm

10. This is what I was raised on. Why are so many now
    rejecting this message.

Luther Odom

June 19, 2010 at 5:45 pm

11. I went to a UPC church (this is no reflection on the UPC, I think it is a great organization) for 26 years and loved it. The pastor and the saints were the best, it was heaven on earth.
    I told my wife, five years ago, I was leaving after the pastor taught that the men in the church could wear shorts. I left and went to a church that teaches holiness, my wife stayed. I told my wife it would only be a matter of time before there would be little holiness standards left amongst the people.
    This summer she asked that I join her in attending her church again, she said holiness had not changed. What I am about to tell you is 100% the truth with no embellishment. We went for a long drive and saw a total of seven people who attend her church. Two women (both have been in church 50 years or longer) were wearing pants with sleeveless blouses, we drove 10 miles down the road and saw another women in pants, this women was raised in the church, she is 35 years old. Then we saw a family of four, the father and son were in shorts and his two daughters were in pants with earrings. That man is in the choir and has been for years, he’s single and lives with a women. Does holiness matter???
    I believe God will eventually take his name out of a church that does not teach holiness…at one juncture this church was pastored by two of the most holiness preachers in the Oneness movement.

bob thomas