The Ballestero Blog

"That's what I'm talking about!"

“That’s Such An Easy Thing For God!” – Connie Ballestero

with 10 comments

“That’s Such An Easy Thing For God!” – Connie Ballestero

Carl and Connie Ballestero walked the mile home from the hospital with their day-old daughter, Nila Rose in the cool October weather. The hospital would only let them stay one day because they didn’t have hospitalization insurance.

The church board in the Columbus, Indiana where they had pastored for three years had recently moved all of their belongings out of the parsonage and thrown everything on the front yard for them to find when they came home from vacation. The Ballestero family moved down the road to a little town called, Hope.

The house they had rented had no running water or indoor restroom. The phone was Ma Bell’s old wall mounted hand crank-up phone with a party-line included. (During this time their income averaged about twenty to twenty-five dollars a week.)

Connie got little baby Nila settled in and crawled into her own bed. She was tired after the long walk home with a newborn. Her body was very weak.

Picking up some stationary and a pen, she began to write a letter to her mother, Flora Gleason in Oregon City, OR.

“When we walked into the house, it felt cool and Carl checked the furnace and saw that we were out of fuel oil. He walked down to the fuel oil company to buy a load of fuel. When he came back home, he sat on the edge of the bed and his countenance was fallen.

‘What’s the matter, Carl,’ I asked.

‘When I finished paying for the fuel, I only had one dollar left. It will be two weeks before I preach my next revival, and then it will be a week before they pay me. I only have one dollar to feed a family of seven for three weeks!’

I looked at Carl and said, ‘That’s such an easy thing for God!’

(The color of the ink changed in the letter, letting the reader to suppose time had passed before the letter writing resumed.)

Brother and Sister Lester McFarland just stopped by on their way home from General Conference. They didn’t know that baby Nila had been born yet. She gave me ten dollars to buy her something nice.

The men stayed in the living room talking a long time. When the McFarlands left, Carl came into the room holding a fifty dollar bill in his hand. He said Brother McFarland told me that the Lord told him to give it to us!”

Gentle Reader? The crisis you face right now seems to deplete your hopes and crush your dreams. Your situation is such an easy thing for God to fix. As in, fix it right now!!

Jeremiah 32:27 Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?

Written by Martyn Ballestero

September 1, 2017 at 8:04 pm

Posted in Faith, Trust

Tagged with

10 Responses

1. Carlene has told me of numerous times when the good Lord answered prayers for your family before they were even asked. What a wonderful Father we have!

Debbie Carpenter

September 1, 2017 at 9:57 pm

2. God promises to care for us more than the birds. It is so good to hear how it does it. It is faith building. Thank you for sharing.

Pure Glory

September 1, 2017 at 10:34 pm

3. Thank you for the faith building testimony!!

Heidi Flowers

September 1, 2017 at 11:13 pm

4. Beautiful. I love this. Thank you for sharing!

Anthony

September 1, 2017 at 11:54 pm

5. What a beautiful testimony. Your parents were always a blessing when they visited Truth Tabernacle in Fresno. I loved your sweet mother so much!

Kathy McElhaney

September 2, 2017 at 12:25 pm

6. Well, if tears were your intention, please know you have succeeded!!! I knew Bro & Sis McFarland gave Mom & Dad but did not remember the walk home with a newborn! Oh, how faithful is our God!!!

Carlene

September 2, 2017 at 1:44 pm

7. Thanks for a faith lifting story from our full of faith mom!! She was a super power in the faith realm for sure!!!

Ramona Yandris

September 3, 2017 at 9:39 am

8. Beautiful! Legacy of FAITH >

marcus

September 4, 2017 at 12:36 pm

9. Thank you for sharing this beautiful story . I have a remberance of your mother sister Ballestero, it has been a little over 40 years ago I went to brother Cessnas church in Midland Texas , before church service we ladies gathered in the ladies prayer room for prayer . When your mother came in to pray she was thanking the Lord over and over for supplying their needs I do not know what their needs were , but I do know that Church took up an offering for them that night . I have never forgotten that because she gave me faith that God would supply your needs whatever they are . I loved her so much and your dad , Great examples of Christianity .

Jackie Broadway