Download Your Free E-Book Now
(Just click on the picture)
A Short Story for Young People
Martyn Ballestero Sr.
© 2014 Martyn Ballestero Sr.
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or part without the express written permission. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
I dedicate this story to my precious Grandchildren.
They all make me proud!
Kalyx Ballestero, Carlton Ballestero, Braden Ballestero,
Huntley Ballestero, Christyana Ballestero, Christian Ballestero, Caison Ballestero, Gentson Ballestero
Jeron Ballestero, Chloe Ballestero, Zion Ballestero
Garrison Hartzell, Cadence Hartzell, & Ainsley Hartzell
The First Paragraph:
“Shame stood there quietly in woods while the afternoon sun lazily highlighted his disheveled hair. His head hung down from sheer exhaustion. He didn’t feel like he could run another step. The birds had stopped singing momentarily to watch this unwelcome intruder as he looked for a place to sit down out of view of the path.”
This free e-book is available in three formats. Click on the picture or the link to access and download the book from Dropbox. No registration or account is needed. Here’s the Dropbox link:
There are three file types available.
If you read books on a Kindle, select the Mobi file or PDF
If you read books on an iPad or iPhone, choose the Epub file (or PDF if you have the pdf app.)
If you read books on a Andoid choose the Mobi file and use with the Kindle app.
If you read books on your Computer, and have Adobe Reader try the PDF
If you are having trouble, maybe these “how-to” links will help:
(If you need help or the link does not work, let me know. Blessings to all. – MJB)
“Help, I Need Medic!”
The wounded soldier’s weak cries for help were barely heard above the sounds of automatic gunfire. Yet, the Medic without much fear for his own safety bravely ran toward the wound soldier and knelt to help him. That’s when he too was shot by sniper fire.
- Yes, he knew the Geneva Convention said that it was wrong and illegal.
- Yes, he knew that the unwritten law of ethics between most nations forbade soldiers from knowingly firing upon a medic treating a wounded comrade.
- He hadn’t tried to convert to his patient’s religion.
- But he had still been shot anyway while he was trying to save a life.
An Ambulance Driver Puts On A Bulletproof Vest.
He asked himself, “What kind of person would say, I am willing to try to help any one even if it means getting shot?” Then dons his bulletproof vest and climbs into the vehicle.
Just because he bound up a bullet hole in the victim’s chest and attempted to save a life doesn’t mean he wants to be a member of their gender or ethnicity. He was only there to keep them breathing. But that doesn’t stop the bullets from flying at him from gang members or killers.
- He’s unarmed.
- He is not hostile, nor a fighter. He’s in the lifesaving business.
- He knows it’s a crime to shoot him, but he gets shot at anyway.
Most large metro areas, and some not so large, hear shocking reports of an ambulance being fired upon. Why?
- The shooters want the victim to die?
- They enjoy killing a uniform?
I don’t have any answers. But I can remember when no ambulance driver or attendant felt the need to wear a bulletproof vest. Our society is truly sick when we kill those trying to help others. Is this a blood thirsty generation? You be the judge.
Today, Carrying A Bible To Help A Brother Who Thinks Different, May Get Someone Shot Too.
No, he doesn’t agree with the man that he is trying to reason with and restore. He’s there to influence for righteousness sake. Yet, sniper fire is meant to kill the do-gooder.
- He went remembering, “If a brother be overtaken in a fault…” but that didn’t stop the bullets.
- He went remember Priscilla and Aquila’s success in reasoning with Apollos, but it wasn’t the same for him.
- He didn’t have any success with his influence and got shot by snipers in the process.
Whether the story is about the battlefield of war, the sick and dying in our metro areas, or a brother in Christ going astray, the end result is apparently the same. The one trying to help is treated as the enemy.
We are all grateful that in the story of the Good Samaritan, all were safe and the restoration a success. The Samaritan wasn’t beaten for his involvement, but rather honored. Evidently, that was back then, this is now.
God Gave Us The Ministry Of Reconciliation
2 Corinthians 5:18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
Galatians 6:1 Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.
It is still the will of God for His children to help each other!
Now, For The Bottom Line:
What If I Get Shot At From Both Sides?
- Don’t shoot back
- Help try to help anyway.
- Some may refuse to be helped.
- If the one you try to help rejects your efforts, remember:
Titus 3:10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;
What About The Snipers?
- They are not your problem.
- They’re God’s problem
- “His bookkeepers don’t make any mistakes!” – Carl Ballestero
Be Fervent, But Don’t Be A Pharisee
“The Pharisees were the most numerous and influential of the religious sects of Jesus’ day. The were strict legalists. They stood for the rigid observance of the letter and forms of the Law, and also for the Traditions.
There were some good men among them, no doubt, but for the most part they were known for their covetousness, self-righteousness and hypocrisy.” –Bible-History.com
“There was probably no town or village inhabited by Jews which had not its Pharisees, although they would, of course, gather in preference about Jerusalem with its Temple, and what, perhaps would have been even dearer to the heart of a genuine Pharisee–its four hundred and eighty synagogues, its Sanhedrims (great and small), and its schools of study. There could be no difficulty in recognising such an one. Walking behind him, the chances were, he would soon halt to say his prescribed prayers. If the fixed time for them had come, he would stop short in the middle of the road, perhaps say one section of them, move on, again say another part, and so on, till, whatever else might be doubted, there could be no question of the conspicuousness of his devotions in market-place or corners of streets. There he would stand, as taught by the traditional law, would draw his feet well together, compose his body and clothes, and bend so low “that every vertebra in his back would stand out separate,” or, at least, till “the skin over his heart would fall into folds” (Ber. 28 b). The workman would drop his tools, the burden-bearer his load; if a man had already one foot in the stirrup, he would withdraw it. The hour had come, and nothing could be suffered to interrupt or disturb him. The very salutation of a king, it was said, must remain unreturned; nay, the twisting of a serpent around one’s heel must remain unheeded.” – Alfred Edersheim
The Lord Is Not Impressed With The Pharisee’s Self Righteous Attitude
Pharisees As Portrayed By Matthew’s Gospel
Pharisees Are Called Snakes By John The Baptist
Matthew 3:7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
Pharisee Righteousness Is Insufficient
Matthew 5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Pharisees Are Murderous
Matthew 12:14 Then the Pharisees went out, and held a council against him, how they might destroy him.
Pharisees Are Placed In The “Evil And Adulterous Generation” Category
Matthew 12:38 Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee.
Matthew 12:39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:
Pharisees Are Offended Easily
Matthew 15:12 Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying?
Pharisees Are Not Sanctioned By God
Matthew 15:13 But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.
Pharisees Are Off Limits To Believers
Matthew 16:6 Then Jesus said unto them, Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.
Pharisees Love To Argue
Matthew 19:3 The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?
Pharisees Are Politically Motivated And Violent
Matthew 21:45 And when the chief priests and Pharisees had heard his parables, they perceived that he spake of them.
Matthew 21:46 But when they sought to lay hands on him, they feared the multitude, because they took him for a prophet.
Matthew 22:15 Then went the Pharisees, and took counsel how they might entangle him in his talk.
Pharisees Put Themselves On The Same Level With Moses
Matthew 23:2 Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat:
Pharisees Don’t Live What They Preach
Matthew 23:3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.
Pharisees Make Living For God Hard And Grievous
Matthew 23:4 For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men’s shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.
Pharisees Have Much Pride
Matthew 23:5 But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments,
Pharisees Love To Be Honored
Matthew 23:6 And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues,
Pharisees Seek Recognition Of Men
Matthew 23:7 And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi.
Matthew 23:8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.
Matthew 23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.
Matthew 23:10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.
Matthew 23:11 But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.
The Seven WOES Of The Pharisees In Matthew 23
Pharisees Are Hypocrites. They Talk About God, But Do Not Love God And Keep Others From Being Saved
Matthew 23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.
Pharisees Are They Are Heartless And Money Hungry, While Acting Spiritual. They Will Be Punished In The Judgment
Matthew 23:14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows’ houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.
Pharisees Destroy Their Own Converts
Matthew 23:15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.
Pharisees Taught The Law But Didn’t Practice The Law
Matthew 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
Pharisees Major On Minors, And Are Spiritually Blind
Matthew 23:24 Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.
Pharisees Wear A Mask Of Holiness But Are Full Of Filthiness
Matthew 23:25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.
Matthew 23:26 Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.
Matthew 23:27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men’s bones, and of all uncleanness.
Matthew 23:28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.
Pharisees Give False Honor And Come From A Long Line of Preacher Killers
Matthew 23:29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,
Matthew 23:30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.
Matthew 23:31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.
Pharisees As Portrayed In Acts
Pharisees… Can They Be Saved? Absolutely, But It Might Take A Miracle!
Acts 9:1 And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,
Acts 9:2 And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.
Acts 9:3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:
Acts 9:4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
Acts 9:5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
Acts 9:6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.
(Paul Seems To Be The Only Recorded Converted Pharisee.)
Be Fervent But Please Don’t Be A Pharisee.
Pharisees Are Not Helping God’s Work As Much As They Think They Are.
King David Is My Hero, But…
When it comes to praise and worship, I am hard pressed to find a greater example and leader in worship than David. He is my hero when it comes to worship.
His writings gush out praises to Jehovah, and I love it. He makes constant calls for everyone of us to join him in praising the Lord! He never stops thanking God for His new mercies every morning. What a worshipper!
The Lord even said that David was a man after His own heart. Maybe part of that was because even though David was flawed like the rest of us, he was quick to repent. God always forgave him. Where then does my reticence to brag on my ‘hero’ come from?
His Family Relationships Frighten Me.
- He showed love and affection to God, but I see little evidence that all of his family felt loved and nurtured by him.
- It may be just my uneducated opinion, but that family flaw is what scares me as a father and a grandfather.
His First Wife, Michal
Remember the background story of his first wife, Michal? She must have been quite a beautiful woman.
King Saul, her father, offered her hand in marriage to any man who could kill 100 giants and bring him the proof. What young man in is right mind would go fight a hundred giants for an ugly girl? She must have been a trophy wife. David killed 200 for her.
The scriptures say twice that Michal loved David. Yet, nowhere is it ever mentioned that David loved her. She is never referred to in the Bible as David’s wife. She is always called ‘Saul’s daughter.” David never called her his wife, or said that he loved her.
When Saul tried to kill David, Michal helped him escape her father’s wrath. She loved him. When a girl stands up for her husband against her own dad, that is a major event! I see no sweet return of thanks from him for her efforts or love.
David then takes Abigail as his wife, after he removes her husband. When Saul hears of this, he goes and finds Michal and gives her to another man for a wife. That new husband was head over heals in love with her.
Much later, when Abner secretly approached David about reuniting the divided kingdom, David’s response surprised me. David’s only requirement to agreeing with Abner was, “Bring me Saul’s daughter.”
He never said, “Bring me my wife,” or “Go get me my wife and bring her back to me then I will.” He used the term… “Saul’s daughter.” That is not the expression of a man who tenderly loves his wife.
Abner forcibly brought Michal down the road to David. Her new husband followed behind her crying for her. Abner threatened him and sent him home. The wrong man was crying for Michal.
What she said cannot be justified. God even paid attention and closed up her womb because of her attitude and comments.
What it appears to my unscholarly mind is that she was feeling like David was putting his physical anatomy on display by dancing half naked, and the young maidens in the street could see more of him than she was allowed to see at home.
David’s home life shows little evidence of romance. Everyone woman he was attracted to was married to someone else, it seems. She was the unloved trophy wife.
Abigail and Bathsheba were already married when he met them and fell in love. He loved them deeply, but not the woman he was married to. It was as though she didn’t exist.
David conquered many giants, but he lost in love.
Absalom showed zero respect or honor for his father. How did that happen? Something went wrong in the early stages of home life for this to happen. Because of his treasonous behavior Absalom became banished from Jerusalem. David chose not to ever see him again.
Another son, Ammon was a pervert. He had twisted desires for his own half-sister, Tamar. He plotted with and took the advice of his evil friend to entrap her and rape her. He succeeded in his evil plan. The Law demanded that he be put to death. Not one finger was raised against him for two years.
Tamar ran to the tent of her full-blooded brother, Absalom. Most girls would run to their father for protection and safety, but not her. Why? Was it because she didn’t feel protected him? I don’t know for sure, but that is my guess.
Two years pass and Absalom waits for his father to defend his daughter’s honor. David doesn’t.
Absalom then takes matters into his own hands and sees to it that Ammon is killed. David then mourns for Ammon and it appears Tamar is the second-class citizen, and still unloved. Her father never defended her. David never allowed the law to punish his son Ammon for what he did to Tamar.
It seems that David was never there for his family when they needed him.
Information and stories like this frighten me. In my mind, the Church, and this Holy Ghost filled life is the greatest thing in the world. Family is the next greatest gift of God I can think of.
I Ask Myself, “Do I Make My Wife Feel Cherished? Or, Is My Life All About Me?”
I really strive to make a conscious effort to make sure my wife feels cherished. My life is supposed to be about her and my family, not just about me.
In my loving God, going to His house, and serving Him, I never want to ever forget about the wonderful wife He gave me.
I am a husband who is still head over heals in love with my beautiful wife after all these years. I feel the desire to tell her often every day that I love her, and need her.
I Ask Myself, “Do I Make My Children Feel Cherished? Or, Is My Life All About Me?”
I am the father, the example to and defender of the five most wonderful children in the world. I am a blessed father. My love for them is not defendant upon their behavior. I love without reservation. Even if I don’t approve of their actions, they know that they are still loved.
I am Papa to fourteen and soon to be fifteen of the best Grandchildren a man could ever hope to have.
No matter what happens to them, they know that Papa will always be there for them. I often go overboard with sweet words and affection.
My Bottom Line
When to a wayward child I close the door to my house, more often than not, I have just closed the door to the church as well. My heart may break and I may cry watching them self-destruct and hurt, yet my heart and my door is always open to them.
Where Do Your Children Go For Help, To You, Or To Others?
Dad? Fathers will always be remembered and maybe despised for their lack of love. A wise father, even through heartache and tears, shows love to his family especially when they hurt.
A dad doesn’t have to be a king to be loved and honored. Even loving dads that are paupers are placed on the family pedestals. Just show them that you love them and even say, “I’m sorry” when you need to, and your family will think you’re the best.
I am greatly flawed as a man, a preacher, a husband, a father, a papa, and a friend. Yet, I have no reservation in showing praise and affection to the Lord, or to my precious family!
Today as always, I choose to express my total love and affection to Jesus Christ.
Today as always, I choose to express my total love and affection to my wife and family. If, (God forbid) they ever stray away from the Lord, I don’t want to be the cause. I have no ‘throw-away’ children.
Now Dad, Go Wrap Your Arms Around Your Family Like You Mean It And Love Them!
It Matters Not That The Whole World Sees You As A King,
If Your Wife And Your Children Despise You.
Twenty Feet From Stardom
The news on the web reported this year about a documentary showcasing the mostly unknown background vocalists of famous singers which I have never seen, but am very impressed with the title.
- They all stood there and heard the words, “And the Oscar goes to…”
- They were the ones who made the lead vocalist more famous.
- They were the ones who created the harmony the leader basked in.
- They made the song sound better.
- Very few even know their name.
- They never got the limelight.
- They are not the ones looked at, the lead singer is.
Whether the lead singer was Ray Charles, or Elvis Presley, not many can tell you the names of their background vocalists. They stood just 20 feet from stardom and never got any for themselves.
Many if not most, lived the rest of their natural lives without receiving much recognition for their efforts.
- Could you live like that?
- Would you be content to let others always benefit from your efforts?
- Could you be content to stand 20 feet from stardom and never grasp it?
In The Church
God has blessed His work by giving us pastors according to His heart. He also placed into the church those who would stand just 20 feet away from the pastor and never receive much in the way of recognition.
The Bible called these people: ‘Helps.’
1 Corinthians 12:28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.
- They were not called to be the first man.
- Maybe they are a great Assistant Pastor.
- Maybe they don’t even have a title.
- Yet they stand twenty feet from ‘stardom’ and their contributions seldom receive honor.
- God planted them as helps in their church for a purpose.
- But some were too proud to stay in that position.
- They wanted recognition too.
- They got impatient, disruptive and messed up their lives and the church too.
On The Negative Side
Judas Stood Twenty Feet From Stardom
Absalom Stood Twenty Feet From Stardom
Lucifer Stood Twenty Feet From Stardom
Demas Stood Twenty Feet From Stardom
On The Positive Side:
Peter, James And John Stood Twenty Feet From Stardom.
Elisha Stood Twenty Feet From Stardom
Ezekiel 27:27 Thy riches, and thy fairs, thy merchandise, thy mariners, and thy pilots, thy calkers, and the occupiers of thy merchandise, and all thy men of war, that are in thee, and in all thy company which is in the midst of thee, shall fall into the midst of the seas in the day of thy ruin.
- Calkers weren’t mariners.
- Calkers couldn’t read a sextant.
- Calkers weren’t allowed to pilot a ship.
- Calkers weren’t men of war.
- Calkers weren’t merchandisers.
All They Did All Day Was Work Below Deck
- They never got to feel the breeze.
- They seldom saw the sunshine.
- They lived in the heat.
- They were used to the foul odors below deck
- They worked below the water line.
- They had sticky hands covered in the pitch and tar they dipped the hemp in to plug leaks.
- They were responsible for keeping the boat afloat.
- The ship wouldn’t make it without them.
- Yet no one praised them nor is there a mention of their name.
- They did their dirty jobs without glory or fame.
- They never got to hobnob with .the big shots
The Caption Got The Glory.
- They plugged the leaks.
- There may not even be a ship afloat if it wasn’t for their efforts.
- The labored their lifetime 20 feet from stardom.
It is dangerous if the Kingdom of God to seek our own glory. God delights in those who choose the role of servant hood. Those who are willing to labor 20 feet from stardom and still smile. Labor and let God receive the glory. Labor and let another receive the attention.
If God has chosen to place you in any capacity in His Church…
- Be humble and be grateful.
- Seek not your own glory.
- Decrease so that He may increase.
- Never overstep your authority or boundaries.
- Be content with your placement in His service.
- Support your Pastor and those in the limelight, and God will always bless you for your faithfulness.
- Elisha was first known as the man who poured water on the prophets hands.
It Is The Calkers That Keep The Boat Afloat…
And They Work Just 20 Feet From Stardom!
Your Uncelebrated Service Helps Keep This Old Ship Of Zion Afloat.
Finding God In Your Failures
- 24:16 for a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again:
- Life is not over after the falling down; life is all about the getting back up.
- We all need help, just need it in different areas.
- We all can come from a setback to a comeback.
- There is life after “death.”
My Failure Shows Me…
- My failure shows me that no one is exempt, not even me.
- My failure warns me there are things I need to immediately change in my life.
- My failure reminds me that my flesh is my biggest enemy.
- My failure can help me see what I need to fix to find God’s favor again.
- My failure is not my final chapter.
Why Do People Fail? (Sometimes It’s A Combination Of Things.)
- A limited obedience of God’s word?
- A carless attitude toward temptation?
- A pursuit of personal fleshly gratification?
- A failure to put God first?
- Blatant disobedience?
The Phases Of Failure
- The Reaction Phase
- Shock – I can’t believe I did it.
- Denial – Won’t admit full guilt. Blames others.
- Blame Others – Like Adam blamed Eve.
- Withdrawal – Hide in the bushes of shame, like Adam and Eve.
- Fear – Of more failure
- Anger – Mad at self, mad at own weaknesses.
- Shame – Can’t face anyone.
- Depression – I’m hopeless, I’ll never amount to anything.
- Despair – I guess I’ll just give up. No use. It’s over!
- The Response Phase
- Flight Response – Leave church, move away. (Quit church)
- Faith Response – Have a desire and determination to be restored.
Repentance – Restoration
- God will give you a space to repent
- God will give you an opportunity to repent (Spirit drawn)
- If God has given up on you – He wouldn’t be reaching for you with a message even right now.
Don’t Give Up On Yourself!
Luke Chapter 15
- The Good Shepherd – Type of Christ. He never gave up. He sought until He found the one lost sheep.
- Lost Coin – Type of the Church – never gave up – swept until she found the lost coin.
- Prodigal Son. Never gave up on the Father or himself. Came home.
What God Knows About My Failure
- God knows we’ll all fail.
- He knows we are flesh.
- He is ready to forgive a repentant sinner.
- His blood is ready to cover all of our transgressions.
- The Holy Ghost is prepared to renew and transform us.
- He sees beyond our failure.
Lessons I Should Learn From My Failure
- There are no little sins.
- Prayers of repentance change everything.
- When we fail, God will forgive if we repent.
- If we do sin, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the Righteous.
- God can bring good out of the bad.
- Looks at the problem as a hopeless one.
- Looks at the future with great fear.
- Sees the only obstacles.
- Assumes the worst.
- Limits God’s ability to restore them fully.
- Looks for a solution
- Looks past the fear, never loses hope.
- Sees the opportunity to recover and grasps it.
- Assumes the best.
- Believes God will.
Getting Past Your Failures
2 Timothy 2:25 in meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if god peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
2 Timothy 2:26 and that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.
- Really pray through.
- Ask God to help you and deliver you.
- Recognize the desire and spirit that caused your error.
- Admit your sin.
- Humble yourself.
- Clear yourself with others.
- Clear yourself with God.
- Submit yourself to the Word of God.
- Submit to the man of God.
- Learn from your mistakes.
- Be faithful.
- Accept God’s forgiveness
- Ask God for guidance.
- Get back up.
Why Does God Go Through The Trouble To Restore You?
- There Is A Reason God Has Dealt This Long With You.
- There Is A Reason – He Has Put Up With Your Failures.
- There Is A Reason – He Sends Conviction And Sermons.
- He’s Not Done With You!
Some Biblical Heroes Weren’t Perfect. We’re Not Either.
(Saying this doesn’t excuse our sin or give us permission to sin.)
- Abraham Lied
- Moses Got Mad
- David Was Immoral
- Peter Denied Jesus
It Was In Failure These People Found God.
- The Woman Taken In Adultery
- Thief On The Cross
- I’m Not Interested In What You Did, But…
- I Am Interested In What You Are Going To Do Now.
- So Get Up, Get Restored And Go On. You Can Do It.
- There Is Hope For You!
Life Is Not Over After The Falling Down; Life Is All About The Getting Back Up.
All Bad Things Must Come To An End.
We have lived with the old saying, “All good things must come to an end.” I can sure understand the sentiment to some degree. On the other hand, the opposite is what I wish to think on today. All Bad Things Must Come To An End!
They will come to an end. You’ll see! It’s never an if question. It’s a when question! Troubles won’t last forever!
Psalm 30:5 … weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.
- God changed his circumstances and turned his world around,
- When he prayed for his friends.
- What would it take to turn your world around?
- All Bad Things Must Come To An End.
- Had to live without love, friends, trust, or hope.
- Went from despair, to sitting on a throne in one day.
- Don’t lose hope.
- All Bad Things Must Come To An End.
- In his cave of despair, he was surrounded by friends who had major problems too.
- But he didn’t stay in the Cave forever.
- God can single you out for a blessing in an impossible situation.
- David wrote in Psalm 23:5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
- All Bad Things Must Come To An End.
All Bad Things Must Come To An End When Jesus Comes.
When Jesus Comes
Oswald J. Smith 1939
One sat alone beside the highway begging
His eyes were blind the light he could not see.
He clutched his rags, and shivered in the shadows.
Then Jesus came and bade His darkness flee.
When Jesus comes the tempters power is broken.
When Jesus comes the tears are washed away.
He takes the gloom and fills the life with glory
For all is changed when Jesus comes to stay.
Jesus Came On A Mission.
- Isaiah 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;
- Isaiah 61:2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;
- Isaiah 61:3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified.
When Jesus Came:
- He Healed Blind Bartimaeus.
- He Raised The Dead Boy Of Nain.
- He Raised Jairus’ Daughter.
- He Delivered The Man Who Dwelt In The Tombs.
- He Fed The 5,000.
- He Came Walking On The Water.
- He Turned The Water Into Wine.
All Bad Things Must Come To An End When Jesus Speaks The Word.
The Storms Go Away
I’ll never forget that dark night at sea,
The stars hid their faces; there was no hope for me,
The waves lashed the boat, it was tearing apart.
The wins howled, “It’s Over,” fear gripped my heart.
Where did the wind go, who stopped the rain?
I only remember just whispering His name,
So the storms don’t decide how long they will stay.
When the Master says, “That’s enough,” they just go away.
Jesus Spoke The Word And Calmed The Storm.
- He Will Speak To Your Storm Too.
- Mark 4:39 And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.
- All Bad Things Must Come To An End.
He Spoke The Word And:
- Lazarus Came Out Of His Grave.
- Lepers Were Healed.
- Sins Were Forgiven.
- The Man At The Pool Of Bethesda Was Healed.
There Will Be No More Sea!
- Revelation 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
- No More Separation.
- No More Tidal Waves.
- No More Shipwrecks.
- No More Drowning’s.
- No More Tsunamis.
- No More Hurricanes.
- All Bad Things Must Come To An End.
He Will Wipe Away All Tears.
- Revelation 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
- All Bad Things Must Come To An End.
All Bad Things Must Come To An End When You Come Into His Presence!
- Psalm 16:11 … in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.
He’s The Prince Of Peace.
- Peace Is His Kingdom, That Is Where He Reigns.
- When You Live Where He Governs, All Bad Things Must Come To An End.
To You Who Have Faced:
- Death Of A Loved One
- Health Problems
- All Bad Things Must Come To An End.
You Will Survive Your “Night” Of Weeping!! I Promise!
- Psalm 30:5 …weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.
- When All The Bad Things Come To An End… That’s When All The Good Things Begin.